FOR ALL CHANNELS
JUNE 5TH: All channels will be
converted to ONE CHANNEL
YouTube has confirmed that all channels will be converted to ONE CHANNEL design on June 5th.
Since we launched the YouTube One Channel beta in February, millions have made the switch. These channels have experienced more visits to their channel page and an increase in new subscriptions.
In the next two weeks, we’ll be retiring the old channel design and switching all channels to YouTube One Channel. If you have not opted in by then, your channel will be automatically and permanently moved to the new design. If you’re ready to make the move today, you can opt in here.
By switching today, you can:
- Gain more subscribers. Increase the chances that someone subscribes every time they visit your channel-- overall we have seen an increase in new subscribers for channels using the new design.
- Get more visits. Channels that are opted in to the new design have seen a significant increase in visits to their channel page because clicks from the guide always go directly to the channel.
- Let your brand shine through in more places. Channels that are opted in to One Channel have their channel art visible on iOS & Android apps, mobile web and TV. Channels that are not in the new design have NO branding on these devices.
Here’s what you can do to prepare:
- Select your channel art: Choose an image that represents your channel. The image should be 2560 px by 1440 px for the best results on all devices. If you plan on designing something special, check out the specs here.
- Upload a trailer: Show viewers who are not yet subscribed to your channel why they should subscribe. This is your opportunity to showcase the content on your channel and show viewers why your channel is great!
- Create sections: Select which videos and playlists you want to showcase in the sections on your channel’s browse tab.
- Link your channel with a google+ page or profile if you haven’t already (set-up steps for page and profile). This is highly recommended. Keeping your branding up-to-date will be even simpler because your channel art will represent you across YouTube, Google+, and all Google properties.
The YouTube Team
We have been working to a full scale shift for all our partners already. This just expedites the conversion. From our review, the value of the new design is substantial. So this is a good thing, albeit rushed a bit.
We've put together a dropbox folder that includes two items. I brief .pdf regarding YouTube's One Channel and the emphasis YouTube is putting on the new design. We have also included a template for the header art work design required to set this up.
It is important that you take the time before June 5th to set this up. If you don't come June 5th it will automatically switch and you will have a not attractive, and non-branding header/design on the page. You want to do this on your schedule, so we can work through any issues that may arise.
The other important item is you promo. We are getting lots in, but you'll need this for the front page. When new user comes to your channel that is not a subscriber they will see your promo. Thankfully, we had a jump on this and most of you have these ready to go or are in the process. * Don't forget to send these to use as well of course.
If you have any questions you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and we can assist.